Monday, December 13, 2010

Is anyone still out there? Bueller...?


Well, I made it through my first semester of the Special Education Cohort. It is impossible to express my relief & joy over this accomplishment, along with a small amount of sadness as I will be apart from my newest 19 girlfriends for over a month. I could NOT, I repeat, ABSOLUTELY NOT, have made it through the past 3 months without these girls. I wish I had a picture to share, but I lost my camera at a Braves game over the summer. Ooops. Good thing my birthday is coming up :)

I am going to miss all of the people at my last placement so much. One of the girls, Katie*, who has Down syndrome, started bawling as we were taking some last minute photos before I left. After having a DE-LISH lunch with my class, I was hugged over and over again and bid a sad goodbye. These kids give such great hugs. They threw me a "going-away" party, complete with decorations of my favorite colors as well as favorite foods. Somehow they picked up on all of my favorite foods throughout the 7 weeks that I was there. I enjoyed my time there so much and appreciate the experience even more. Such amazing kids & teachers. I am, however, looking forward to my next two placements in the Spring :)

Now that finals are over and I do not have 5:15 alarms set, I have been enjoying sleeping in, hanging out with my sister & the center of our household, Sophie the Shih-Poo, and eating at some of my favorite restaurants here that are not offered back at school. And can I tell you how much I have missed having OnDemand at school? Best. Thing. Ever. Between hanging out with my sister & Sophie & eating our little hearts out, we have been catching up on Psych & our other favorite USA shows. Exciting right?? Its not like we have many other options though seeing as the temperature outside is about 16 degrees. WHAT THE FRENCH TOAST. I thought I lived in the South. Not Alaska. But really, I looked up the current temp in Alaska, and its seriously just 10 degrees colder than it is here. It SNOWED yesterday. It never snows before Christmas. Ever. Not that it was a significant amount and it accumulated into enough to make a snowman or anything. If its going to be this cold, it needs to snow A LOT. Can you tell I am very much of a warm weather girl? I live for summer.

Hopefully my blog wont be quite as boring over the next few weeks as I will have a pretty good amount of time to type out random ramblings. In the meantime, I will enjoy blogstalking those of you who actually have lives & blog on a regular basis :)

Peace&Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment