Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I think the only thing I really have to say about not blogging in almost a month, is "Oops."

The past 4 weeks have been nothing short of relaxing and FUN. Let's recap with a pictorial review!

Tacky Christmas Sweater party with friends from church (and high school)...so fun. Love my church family :)


Christmas Eve was spent getting last minute gifts and then going to the Candlelight Christmas Eve Service. Afterwards we enjoyed more church family time with a bite to eat, a few drinks and HILARIOUS stories...I swear a book could be written with some of the stories everyone has told over the years.

Christmas day was absolutely perfect. We opened presents around ten and started making quite possibly the biggest breakfast ever made in our kitchen. Complete with waffles, hash browns, biscuits, bacon, eggs, grapefruit. I'm sure there was more but I cant remember exactly...probably because while we were cooking Atlanta experienced it's first White Christmas since 1882!!! I could not even believe it. It was fabulous. For once it was PRETTY outside during the winter, not to mention during the holidays! The good ole white stuff covered all the grey, leafless trees and the colorless grass...so pretty. After breakfast we cleaned up & headed over to my aunt's house for Christmas dinner. Oh. My. Gosh. Per usual, it was delicious. And that might be an understatement.

The day after Christmas we spent with the other side of the family, and then both sides came together to watch my cousin play at a bar..there was such a great turnout & it was so much fun! Bobby is so incredibly talented, and he has some pretty talented friends/bandmates as well :) Feel free to check his music out at http://www.bobbycoolmusic.com/

                                           


The day after that was spent at the FABULOUS Georgia Aquarium :) My grandfather was in town for the holidays and he had never been before, so we all went as a family. It was so insanely crowded...but very worth getting to see my grandfather experience it! I cant wait to go back when the dolphin exhibit is revealed.


Unfortunately New Years was spent on the couch with a cold...but I was completely okay with watching Toy Story 3 and hanging out with my seester. Other than all these fun happenings, babysitting, catching up with high school friends and hanging out with this sweet girl:

(She fell asleep on me during a boat ride over Thanksgiving. Could you just die? I cant blame her...boat rides will make you sleepy.)

I hope everyone (or uh, anyone who actually reads this? Thanks, by the way, if you do!) had a great holiday season...one of my New Years resolutions is to actually blog on a regular basis...we'll see if that happens! Cheers to a new year!

Peace & Love,
Chels

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know they were adding a dolphin exhibit! I'm so excited now! And your dog is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete