Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

Three posts in four days? As one of my favorite bloggers, Babbling Abby would say...Stop. The. World. I kid...sort of. I must say I am pretty proud of myself for having the brain power to compose such a LARGE amount of new posts in such a short amount of days. Anyone catching onto my tendency to exaggerate, much?

I am excited to have it together enough today to participate in Jamie's weekly What I'm Loving Wednesday...because all teachers have lives outside the classroom, whether their students believe it or not.


Today I am LOVING this beautiful and perfect weather. I am a huge advocate for the Summer months. Braves games, weekends at the lake, beach trips, not having to wear socks, being able to WORK and make money...you get the idea. I love all things SUMMER. Word on the street is that the high's are supposed to be in the 70's this weekend...hellloooo perfection.

US: Forecast Wednesday High

I am loving the fact that I got a free tshirt & koozie on campus this morning in celebration of homecoming AND the fact that it is indeed homecoming! Because we dont have a football team, we go all out for basketball & have homecoming in the Spring! Tailgating included...during the perfect weather mentioned above.

I am loving the fact that the test I was so intently studying for last night got moved to next Wednesday! Praise Jesus!! After being in class for 30 minutes (two & a half hours less than we are scheduled to be...saaweeeet!), I headed to Chickfila to add to my morning's goodness. Turns out four of the girls in my cohort were thinking the same thing, so we had a nice little breakfast together :)



I am loving my sweet kids & host teachers this week as well. Next Thursday is my last day with them before I get to experience a new placement. Last Friday we had a "Valentine's Dance" to celebrate the fat little kid with the bow & arrow. One of my kids, R, as I have mentioned him, got the "King" of the dance...kind of like Prom King. He so deserved it too...he is such a great role model to all the other students despite the fact that he has sooo much going on at home. Just yesterday he was telling us how he got up at 6:00am to get himself & his 4 year old little brother ready for school. I hope so much that he is able to "break the cycle" for himself and get out of town...staying here would probably prevent that from happening.


(I whited out the part that comes after "Mr." for privacy reasons)

Last but certainly not least, I am loving that my sweet Mom sent me a Valentines Day Card! Its uhh, actually not here yet (we have procrastination in common...except when it comes to school, seeing as she gradumacated from college in 3 & 1/2 years...overachiever. Ha! Love you, Maaaam!), but should be today, and I am excited to open it. Maybe because it has money in it...but mostly because its been a tradition since I can remember for my parents to get us a card & a little V-day present :)

I am also loving that Julie over at The Smitten Minton's is doing a $25 Target Giftcard Giveaway. It is a darn good thing that there is not a Target where I go to school...otherwise I probably WOULD have applied for the credit card that the lady at the bank tried to talk me into just this morning and I would be in debt rather than just flat broke. I. Love. Target. And Julie, seeing as she is also an IRL friend from high school!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentines Day! Hopefully it wont be another 2 weeks before I post again..? And dont forget to hit the "Follow" button on your way out!

Peace&Love,
CRW

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the weather as well...although I'm in TX. I'm so sick of winter!

    ReplyDelete