Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Snow Brings March Pollen...and I couldnt be more excited. (A Hodgepodge)

I guess 3 posts in 4 days was good enough for two more weeks...Oh, life.

So about a week ago, I started noticing a verrrrry thin dusting of powder on my car. My car is black, so it is easy to see. Despite my extreme tendency to be a sneezing MESS during the Spring months, I dont think I had ever been so excited to see a sign of pollen. I dont have any "known" allergies, but lets face it, everyone has a bout with pollen at least one Spring in their life, and, well, I have one every Spring. During last year's Spring months, I learned my lesson the hard way (and I mean HARD. I was miserable) and started relying on this amazing stuff towards the end of allergy season. I'm hoping it will prevail and allow me to enjoy Spring much more this year.


Spring semester in college is like a 2 (or 3 month, if you are blessed to live in a magical land such as GEE A) month-long Spring Break. It is truly the most wonderful time of the year, and I'm hoping these here Liquid Gels will do the trick. I can already say that Spring semesters of college will be some of the most reminisced memories from what will be the good ole days in just over a year. Ca.Razy.

My 3rd placement came to an end last week, and I have to admit it was the hardest one to leave so far. I originally wanted to work with primary-aged students, but I looooved being with Middle School EBD students. My last day was spent watching The Blind Side with my class, which I tied into my Mini Unit. The kids loved the movie, just as I knew they would...but my Mini Unit was not the recipient of the same positive feedback. Talk about epic fail. I knew it was going down hill about 1/4 of the way through it, and I am not afraid to admit that I know it sucked. I cant lie, I had high hopes for it and secretly hoped I could feel good about sharing it, maybe even comparing it to lessons on TpT. I inspire to be one of the teachers who actually sells stuff on this website. Ya live and ya learn...

My new (and 4th and FINAL of "Junior" year!) placement is at a local preschool that serves Pre-K Lottery, Head Start, and Babies Can't Wait students. For half of the day I am in an inclusion preschool room (very interesting, but my favorite part of the day) and the other half is with 4-6 SDD (Significant Developmentally Delayed) students. My host teacher actually told me that they start out the school year with 2-3 students, and as the year goes on and the kids begin to be placed or diagnosed, their caseload/number of students increases. Each child also has a different plan for their day as each child's needs are different, so some of the kids that I start off with for the latter half of the day leave before lunch at noon. I have mixed feelings about working with the "babies" so far, despite the fact that I was CON.VINCED. that this was the age I wanted to work with once I get a job. So convinced, that, as embarassed as I am now to admit it, I pitched a royal fit when I knew there was a possibility of me not having a primary placement (we were told at the beginning of the school year we'd have one of each: primary, elem, middle & high school.) I saw more snot running out of noses today than I have all year, and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. It does however, make me happy that today's lessons revolved around the color green, and not just because it was in honor of the first day of March! The simplicity of lessons for preschoolers just makes me happy and brings back so many memories from my preschool days such as the smell of tempera paint and Dial hand soap. You know you had some good preschool years if you can remember certain things 18 years later...

On a complete lover-of-reality-tv note (Mom, skip this part) there is talk of Reality Steve's prediction of who Brad choses being WRONG!!! I hope this is true, and that one of the final two girls is the next Bachelorette instead of who Reality Steve picked before he changed his mind about the final-rose-bearer. I wont name names in the off chance that someone doesnt know what Reality Steve's original predictions were. You can thank me later :)

I am so, so, so excited that my hopes of going to the beach for Spring Break will likely be confirmed in the next few days. 18 days until I can officially say it is "SB11." Beach or no beach, it will still be a week off to re-charge and finish the year with a bang. But here's to hoping for this...

This was actually taken almost 4 years ago (umm, what?) in the Bahamas on Spring Break '07. I may not be going to the Bahamas...but the Gulf of Mexico will do just fine.

Because spring is the time of countdowns (at least for a student and teachers...) here is mine that I may or may not type out on a "Sticky Note" and put it on my desktop and edit as the days go by.

Days until SB11: 18
Days of placement until the last: 13 (this is a much smaller number than it would be if I included every day in between)
Days until finals week: 60
Days until I leave for BELIZE: 74
Days until Graduation: 430

Also, please check out my cousin Bobby Cool (yes, that really is his name)...he is releasing an EP on March 26th in Nashville, and if you are in the area, you will NOT be disappointed if you go. Not to mention, he and the band will be giving away the EP fo FREE. I'm pretty bummed I cant make the trek up there, and will be getting my hands on that EP as soon as his sisters bring it back down to the homeland. *Sappy warning* I am so proud to be paternally related to him and the whole family is amazed and so proud at how far he has already come in such a short time in Nashvegas.


Here is a video for your viewing pleasure LIVE from the Beta house in Athens, Georgia featuring appearances and filming by yours truly. YOUR next band party could be THAT. FUN. people..
Peace&Love
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment