Monday, April 4, 2011

Lately...

Well, well, well, look who finally decided to write a new blog post. When I created this, it was in an effort to record my experiences in my Junior year "placements" in local schools here in Middle Georgia during my journey to becoming a Special Education teacher, as well as random ramblings about my oh-so-fabulous life. Ha! No but really, life is so good and I am so thankful for so much.

Spring Break was soooo much fun. It was a much needed week away from school and I cannot say enough how PERFECT the weather was. We got down to Florida Saturday afternoon and immediately changed into our bathing suits at Target (because we couldnt check into the condo until 4) and hit the beach. Each day went pretty similarly, except for Tuesday, when we rented a pontoon boat and cruised around the Intracoastal Waterway and even parked (beached?) the boat on a beach that was part of the State Park..by far my favorite part of the week! Two of the boys and I walked a good ways down the beach, and found/saw a Horse Conch, two horseshoe crabs...pretty sure they were doing the dirty too, a starfish, a TON of hermit crabs, and a stingray!! It was by far my favorite part of the week...I am such a nerd. But totally okay with it. It was easy-ish to leave Saturday because as we were driving home, the week-long monsoon that engulfed the South last week began, and it made it a little easier to leave knowing the weather was going to be crappy.

Back to school the following Monday to take a mid-term and then headed home for Spring Break round 2 ATL style! The school district I am placed in right now had their spring break last week and class was cancelled on Wednesday, so I had three extra days to relax. Sophie Bear and I had a lot of fun going to the park and napping together :)

The next few weeks are seriously going to be insane...I am so overwhelmed and have no idea where to start, which is probably why I decided to write a blog post instead. The end of the semester/year has a whole new craziness to it now that I am in the education program....UGH.

On an extremely exciting and happy note, BRAVES BASEBALL IS BACK IN ATLANTA ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEK! I am so incredibly excited. My Dad raised us watching the games every single night during the summer months and I have been to countless games at the Ted and the old Fulton County Stadium since I was a baby. Not to mention CHIPPER IS BACK!!! I am having a really hard time containing my excitement. I. CANT. WAIT.

Why are baseball players so good looking? McCann is so cute.

Peace & Love friends!
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment