Friday, May 6, 2011

What I'm Loving Right Now (previously WILW)

This post was originally titled What I'm Loving Wednesday...but clearly lack of time left me unable to finish it hence why it is now What I'm Loving Right Now.


-This week, I am loving all of the HILARIOUS and profound quotes/facebook statuses that appeared on my news feed follwing the breaking news that Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had been eliminated...AND please, let me say, that while I agree with not taking joy in another's death, I also very much believe in justice being served for the death of 3,000+ people in NYC on that beautiful-turned-horrific-day of 9/11.


*If one of these quotes is yours and you just cannot imagine not being credited for the geniusness behind it, let me know.


"Osama bin GOTT’EM"
"America, winning. Again."
"Bag em & tag em."
"The ban on Sunday alcohol sales should be lifted for this historical occasion. Osama bin Laden is dead, God Bless America"
"I heard George W Bush started the man hunt for Osama bin Laden. Just sayin…
"It may have taken ten years but as our last president said, we will get him dead or alive. USA USA USA!!!!"
"Ding dong the witch is dead"
"So do we get fireworks and stuff for May 1 now?"
"Annnddd BOOM goes the dynamite!"
“It’s a party in the USA!!”
“Welp, that just got him reelected” (referring to Barack Obama)
"Osama BEEN Laden"
"One nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and JUSTICE for all."
“Im filled with red white and blue. I want to gun a beer, listen to Bruce Springstein and eat apple pie”
“I want to go to a Braves game tomorrow and eat a hot dog and wash it down with a cold beer. The American Dream”
"Really wish we would have found Osama alive. He would have played Jafar so well in an Aladdin Broadway show. Saddened" <--This one was my absolute favorite. Freakin hilarious, Phil Lutz.
"This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight, America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done." George W. Bush
Last December, December '09 to be exact, Mom took my sister and I to NYC in celebration of our birthdays (mine 21, Catherine's 18) We went to Ground Zero and the 9/11 Memorial Museum that they had just up the street from it.
 
Excuse the blurry quality...this is One World Trade Center going up!
This is sister's picture. I love it despite the story behind it. This was taken in a deli down the street from Ground Zero that was miraculously not damaged. I think it explains it all.
For anyone interested, the NY Times has an incredible article on how everything played out. I am thinking it is movie material. Great things are happening, my friends. Great things.

-I am loving that I leave for Belize in 10  SEVEN days :)
-I am LOVING that this semester is almost over. As of 9:30ish tomorrow, I will officially have completed my first year of the Special Education Cohort, as well as what could quite possibly be described as the worst semester of my life.  I AM DONE!!!!!!!!
-I am loving my fabulous Mother, even if from a hundred miles away, on this Mother's Day Weekend. To say she has put up with a lot from me would be the biggest understatement of my life. No exaggerations.
Sadly this is probably one of the most recent pictures of just me and Mom...my senior prom. Crazy what four years in college will do to someone...or me. Luckily Jules loves me no matter what, as do I :)

-I am not loving that fact that my roomate of all 4 years of college is graduating tomorrow morning. The lack of words I have for this pretty much sums it up. I am having some serious issues with this fact.
Our personal photographer, Tyrez Armstead, so kindly took the above photo of us freshman year. Oh, memories.


Last month at Karebear's Second Annual 21st Birthday. I am embarrassed to even have pictures from 4 years ago and now on the same post. Note to self (for the 739847th time): Get on a treadmill.
CONGRATS Karebear on getting through four years of Math!!!
Peace & Love,
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment