Sunday, June 26, 2011

This Just In: I'm an Awful Blogger (BELIZE!)

Okay, so maybe I have known that for awhile, but oh well. Life has not slowed down since our plane landed in ATL from Belize City but for maybe ONE day a couple weekends ago I was able to enjoy the sunshine out on the lake & sleep in.

I am nannying this summer for two precious kids and loving every minute of it. Except for maybe when I tell the two year old that no, I will not paint her finger nails because I know she is going to just stick them right in her mouth afterwards and finger nail polish is not good for you (like any young child, she has a tendency to have her fingers in her mouth, but she also already CHEWS/BITES on her finger nails...what?) You'd think the world was coming to an end.

Anyway, I am a firm believer that summer is the REAL most wonderful time of the year (I may have mentioned that once or five times on here) and I have been enjoying not being at school a little too much. I admitted to my Dad the other night that I was ready to be done, which I swore to him freshman year would never happy. Going-on-five-years-later, I'm ready. If I had to continue going to school for the rest of my life, I would choose to do so in Belize. Best experience of my life, hands down. For anyone who cares viewing pleasure, here are some pictures of the amazing country to which I hope to return sooner rather than later. Words cannot describe my experiences there so pictures will just have to do (I know, disappointing)

Many of the picture credits goes to Chancey Pants A. Because his camera was waterproof (snorkeling) and B. Because my camera had died before caving.


Big Rock Falls at Pine Ridge
Before going into the cave!

Beautiful child.
Bishop Martin RC Primary School
View out of our classroom
Standard 4 (5th grade!)


Xunantunich
Out on the snorkeling boat
View from my room in San Pedro. Incredible.
Belize River while flying back into Belize City from San Pedro
Xunantunich

The group at the school for our "party"


No comments:

Post a Comment